‘Take it like a man’: Jake Paul tells ‘b*tch’ Woodley to fulfil tattoo bet ‘and then we can talk maybe about a rematch’

YouTube boxer Jake Paul has told Tyron Woodley to make good on his word and get an ‘I love Jake Paul’ tattoo if he wants to secure a rematch after losing Sunday night’s boxing match by split decision.

Ex-UFC champion Woodley was defeated by novice boxer Paul in their heated grudge match in Cleveland, with former Disney child star Paul taking the split decision win despite almost being sent through the ropes in the fourth round.  

But it wasn’t just bragging rights on the line in Ohio after the pair shook hands on a bet which would see the loser of the fight getting a tattoo which professes their ‘love’ for their victorious opponent – with Paul even flying in a renowned tattoo artist to the event to ink the defeated fighter.

Woodley, though, attempted to switch gears in the moments after the decision was read aloud, telling Paul in the ring that he would indeed get the tattoo right then and there – but only if his opponent agreed to a rematch.

Speaking to Ariel Helwani on Monday, Woodley claims that this new agreement – which Paul shook on – “supersedes” their initial one and that he will get the aforementioned tattoo as soon as contracts are sent to him for a second scrap.

Jake Paul, though, isn’t impressed by Woodley’s backtracking.

Tyron, you’re a b*tch! You lost! Take it like a man,” Paul said in an online video.

Get your tattoo and then we can talk maybe about a rematch. Until then, shut the f*ck up!

This comes after Paul also compelled Woodley to get the tattoo in his post-fight press conference late Sunday.

I told him, if he wants to get the tattoo, put it on his Instagram,” Paul said. “Permanent tattoo then maybe we’ll talk about it.

But to be honest, I won convincingly. We’re gonna go back to the drawing board, but I think I proved a lot tonight.”

Woodley’s campaign for a do-over with Paul will come as some concern to Tommy Fury, the British fighter (and half-brother of heavyweight champ Tyson Fury) who had been positioned as Paul’s next foil after defeating MMA fighter (and Paul sparring partner) Anthony Taylor on Sunday’s card.

Fury wasted little time after what was somewhat neutered performance against Taylor to issue a challenge to Paul for what would be a fight between two boxers with significant social media followings – a key contributor to this new trend of ‘celebrity’ boxing.

However, all of these future plans may be in jeopardy following a brief tweet issued by the American overnight in which he claimed that he was “retired” from boxing. 

Updated status,” he wrote on Twitter. “Retired boxer.”

As has been noted on these pages many times, retirements in combat sports are often a temporary measure – and it is hard to see Paul stepping away from the sport after just four professional fights, and without having faced a an opponent with a real boxing background – a challenge which Tommy Fury would surely present.

Paul’s apparent pseudo-retirement would also be in opposition to the multi-year, multi-fight deal he signed with Showtime to promote his upcoming fights, a deal which could be worth tens of millions of dollars to the upstart boxer. 

And while it is likely, certain even, that Jake Paul competes again, the identity of his next opponent seems set to be the source of much speculation in the coming weeks and months. 

Also on rt.com

Jake Paul earned a split decision win against Tyron Woodley in Cleveland. © Getty Images
After coming through Tyron Woodley test, boxing’s ‘problem child’ Jake Paul isn’t going anywhere anytime soon

Source: NEWS

Trashing the environment? Big stink as Russian officials warn dozens of landfills & illegal dump sites are threatening to overflow

Russia must act urgently to avert a looming garbage crisis, with more than 20 regions of the world’s largest country running out of landfill capacity and risking ecological damage if residents continue to dump trash illegally.

That’s according to Minister for Natural Resources Alexander Kozlov, who told Rossiskaya Gazetta on Monday that dozens of facilities are almost full and will run out of space within the next two or three years.

Among the 20 districts at significant risk are St. Petersburg and the surrounding Leningrad Region, as well as Sevastopol in Crimea, he warned on Monday. In these districts, “landfills will be closed” until January 2023.

Also on rt.com

© Solid waste landfill near Kamensk-Uralsky, Sverdlovsk region
‘Garbage will never end’: Russia bets on waste-to-energy plants

In nine other federal subjects, including the Kamchatka peninsula, Magadan in the Far East, and the wildfire-hit region of Yakutia, the shortage of waste disposal capacity has forced many to turn to using illegal landfills.

“By 2030, it is necessary to halve landfill disposal. This is what we are focusing on,” he said. “28 sites are the biggest problem. We have a lot of unauthorized landfills. How much of all this is stored there? It’s hard even to guess,” he added.

In response to the question of what will be done, Kozlov said that the Russian Environmental Operator has drawn up an action plan for each of the regions.

“The infrastructure for sorting and disposal of waste, for the creation of landfills is planned for each of them,” the minister stated. “The regions will have to accelerate and ensure the implementation of these projects. I hope that the governors will treat this with caution because if [the problem of overflowing waste] overwhelms the cities, it will not seem like an adequate response to anyone.”

Also on rt.com

FILE PHOTO. © AFP / JEAN-FRANCOIS MONIER
After decades of reliance on oil & gas, Russia starts preparations to adapt economy for global green energy transition – reports

Russia has been trying to battle the issue of waste for several years now. In 2019, protests broke out against open-air landfills outside Moscow and the pollution affecting locals. Environmentally minded residents and eco-activists complained about the dangers and stench, as well as appealing to authorities to make changes in waste management to alleviate the problem.

The Ministry of Natural Resources drew up a roadmap and strategies in an effort to remedy the issue by the year 2030. One of the most recent components of Russia’s garbage reform began in January 2019, when a new garbage collection tax was implemented. However, critics say the tax has yet to make a significant difference to the waste problem faced by the nation.

Like this story? Share it with a friend!

Source: NEWS

Crowds support Scottish feminist on trial for ‘hate crime’ over tweets deemed anti-transgender (VIDEO)

Crowds have gathered outside a Glasgow court and have been sharing their views online, demanding that a judge drop charges against a feminist activist who is accused of a hate crime against the transgender community.

On Tuesday, Marion Millar, a Scottish feminist campaigner accused of hate crime, arrived at Glasgow Sheriff Court for her previously delayed trial. Her arrival saw a large crowd of supporters wave flags and chant “Women won’t wheesht!” (‘women won’t be silent’). 

Millar, a 50-year-old accountant from Airdrie and member of the For Women Scotland group, has been charged by Scottish authorities over two separate complaints. It is believed the complaints relate to tweets posted in 2019 and 2020 which were deemed to be transphobic and homophobic.

The activist has frequently shared her views on social media. In one tweet showing images of male-appearing trans women, she referred to them as “filthy predators” and said the “cult” should be kept away from schools, according to screenshots online.

Her supporters contend that she is standing up for hard-won women’s rights amid increasing pressure from LGBTQ+ campaigners who label her a ‘terf’ – a “trans-exclusionary radical feminist.”

Millar’s case has drawn widespread attention since she was charged with a hate crime in June, with many contending that the decision of the Scottish prosecutor to press charges against the feminist campaigner is the death knell for free speech. Millar faces two years in jail if convicted.

Also on rt.com

Simon Callow (FILE PHOTO) © REUTERS/Michele Tantussi
‘Maybe they’re just gay’: Simon Callow condemns ‘tyrannical’ approach taken by LGBTQ+ rights group on gender identification

Those who showed their support in Glasgow on Tuesday were largely supported by online commenters, as Millar’s name trended on Twitter, along with the hashtag “WomenWontWheesht,” a call popularized by the activist.

“I stand with Marion Millar” many wrote, with one calling on other women to “rise up” against her treatment. “We are the granddaughters of the witches you could not burn,” she added, a reference to a ‘witch hunt’ which Millar believes she is the focus of. 

Some claimed the prosecution of Millar was an attempt to “silence women” and was trying to make people afraid to “point out that biology trumps gender beliefs.” One said that they will never give up until “we, and our children, are safe.” 

Others expressed their concern about the future of free speech in Scotland. “If this ludicrous case isn’t immediately dismissed by the judiciary, then women’s protected, sex-based rights in my country will no longer exist,” one Twitter user argued, adding that they will never vote for the Scottish National Party again. 

Another claimed the country was now on a “knife edge,” over the trial, saying that, either an innocent woman will be jailed for standing up for women’s rights, or, “if sense prevails, we at least have hope of fixing this mess.” 

However, support for Millar wasn’t universal. The Empowered Woman Project told people in Glasgow to watch out for the “#WomenWontWheesht mob,” claiming there is lot of anti-transgender signage around. “These women are dangerous and 100% speak for a minority,” they added.

One woman, who identified as cisgender, claimed the “terfs” aren’t actually feminists at all. “None of you bigots speak for me or any other [cisgender] woman I know!” she added. 

Also on rt.com

FILE PHOTO. Inverkip Primary School in Inverclyde, Scotland. © Getty Images / Jane Barlow
‘Utter woke insanity’: Social media users blast ‘sick’ new Scottish rules that allow FOUR-YEAR OLDS to declare ‘gender identity’

The court case comes amid increasing conflict between women’s rights campaigns and factions of the LGBTQ+ community who have been campaigning for greater transgender privileges.

Debate has raged particularly fiery in Scotland, where the government has decided that children as young as four can change their gender and name at school without parental consent. 

Last week, legendary actor and gay rights activist Simon Callow, expressed his concerns about the direction of the well-known LGBTQ+ Stonewall group, claiming an “extraordinarily unproductive militancy” now surrounded its position and suggested the organisation’s aims now impinged on women’s rights. 

When it threatens hard-fought women’s rights and “the right to have exclusive spaces for women, away from any threat at all – I think that’s a very serious issue,” Callow argued.

If you like this story, share it with a friend!

Source: NEWS

As Ukrainian president asks Biden for support against Russia, top Kiev official warns severing ties with Moscow is impossible

Despite tensions between the two nations reaching fever-pitch in recent months, Ukraine still sees no benefit in shutting down economic relations or border crossings with Russia, one of Kiev’s top political advisors has revealed.

Alexey Arestovich, an advisor to the Head of the Ukrainian Presidential Office, told the Ukraine 24 TV channel on Monday that there was no question of totally severing ties with Moscow at present. “The world is arranged in a complex way,” he said, defending the decision not to shut the door to a country Kiev considers to be an aggressor.

“Even if we shut all of this down now, introduce martial law, and so on, there should always be a question in politics and in life – What should we do? What are the consequences? If we begin to weigh the negative consequences for the same society, for the state and the positive ones, then, despite the fact that, yes, there is a misunderstanding, we seem to be fighting, but I must say that this is not a miracle in the world,” he continued.

Also on rt.com

FILE PHOTO. © Reuters / Thierry Roge; (inset) © Wikipedia
Ukraine could be admitted to NATO regardless of leaders’ concerns over bloody civil war in the Donbass, bloc’s Kiev envoy claims

Relations between the two nations have declined to rock bottom in recent months, having taken a turn for the worse after the 2014 Maidan events. Kiev has banned Russian television news, film and other major cultural imports, while calling on NATO to step up its presence near the shared border. However, at the same time, the country is reliant on billions of dollars of revenue from Moscow for gas transit fees to prop up its national budget, and is one of Russia’s main export destinations.

Nevertheless, Arestovich added that Ukraine is working to reduce its economic dependence on Russia and, according to him, Russia is no longer its number one trading partner. Recently, there has been a shift to focus on deepening economic ties with the EU while imports from China have also grown.

Arestovich noted how other countries continue diplomacy with each other even when disagreements arise. By way of an example, he cited Iran and Iraq, who did not break off diplomatic relations despite disputes and conflicts that span several decades.

Also on rt.com

FILE PHOTO. White House. © Getty Images / Alex Wong; (insets) : (L) Joe Biden. © AP Photo / Evan Vucci; (R) Volodymyr Zelensky. © Reuters / KEVIN LAMARQUE
Billions from Biden: Ukraine expects a lump sum from US taxpayers this week but, after Afghanistan, the timing couldn’t be worse

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky flew to Washington on Tuesday, where he is seeking assurances from his American counterpart Joe Biden that the US is committed to supporting Ukraine in its turn toward the West and in its standoff with Russia. The summit has been mooted for more than two years, and been postponed several times.

If you like this story, share it with a friend!

Source: NEWS

What’s the future of oil production? RT’s Boom Bust finds out ahead of OPEC+ meeting

The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) and its allies are set to raise oil output due to concerns over softening demand amid the latest surge in Delta variant cases and rig shutdowns in the Gulf of Mexico.

RT’s Boom Bust is joined by Octavio Marenzi of Opimas LLC to discuss the outcome of the cartels’ probable decision to release extra barrels into the global oil markets.

For more stories on economy & finance visit RT’s business section

Source: NEWS